Bristol Myers Squibb Foundation Diversity in Clinical Trials Career Development Program
The mission of the Bristol Myers Squibb Foundation (BMSF) is to promote health equity and improve health outcomes of populations disproportionately affected by serious diseases. It does so by focusing on improving community-based health care and supportive services as well as through engaging patients and communities in the fight against serious diseases. The BMSF in partnership with National Medical Fellowships (NMF) has developed the BMSF Diversity in Clinical Trials Career Development Program (DCTCDP) to tackle low minority clinical trial recruitment through a program designed to intentionally train clinical investigators interested in increasing diversity in clinical trials. This program will provide early stage clinical investigators with distinct training, skills, and support to initiate and conduct clinical trials that will support the recruitment of underrepresented minorities (URM) patients into clinical trial research.
Open: 1/4/2021 @ 12:00 AM ET
Due: 7/2/2021 @ 11:59 PM ET
We thank you for your interest in the BMSF DCTCDP. The application for this award is a two-step process, which includes: 1) Submission of a Letter of Intent (LOI), and 2) upon review, selected candidates will be invited to submit a full Application.
Please note that this form is the Letter of Intent. Once this form has been submitted, it will be reviewed by the DCTCDP Selection Committee. You will receive an email with notification of whether you are invited to submit a full application for the 2021 cohort.
- Awards will be made to organizations, not to individuals.
- Applicant organizations must be based in the United States or its territories.
To be eligible for this program candidates must have completed their formal clinical training and hold a MD, DO, MD/PhD, DO/PhD and:
- Clinical research interest in Cancer (hematology, oncology), Cardiovascular Disease or Immunologic Disorders
- Meet criteria for *National Institutes of Health (NIH) Early Stage Investigator (ESI) https://grants.nih.gov/policy/early-investigators/index.htm
- Meet criteria for * National Science Foundation (NSF) definition of underrepresented populations in the US Biomedical, Clinical, Behavioral and Social Sciences Research Enterprise OR have a demonstrated commitment to diversity in clinical trials